Lean on Me.
Lean into Me.
Press yourself into Me.
Focus on Me.
Lean not on yourself.
Lean not on man.
Lean on Me.
Rest on Me.
Rest all that you are on Me.
Rest every care,
Every joy on Me.
I am strong.
I care for you.
I invite YOU to lean on ME.
Remember, Beloved, when you lean on something you make an imprint.
And the thing you are pressing on (or into) makes an imprint on you as well.
Remember you are engraved in the palm of My hand.
You were created to need to lean on Me,
To press into Me,
To leave an imprint,
And to receive one as well.
Isaiah 26:3 3You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.
I. WHAT IS MEANT BY PERFECT PEACE?
A. It means that there is no inner turmoil.
1. No frantic frenzy of activity "He that believeth shall not make haste."
2. No anxiety or worry.
3. No striving against others.
a. Competition or seeking to control.
B. A perfect inner rest.
1. An inner quietness.
II. HOW IS SUCH A CONDITION OBTAINED?
A. Peace has two stages.
1. Peace with God.
a. A man can never have peace when He is fighting with God.
1. "No rest saith the Lord for the wicked."
2. "The ungodly are not so, but are like the chaff that wind driveth."
3. "Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame."
b. To have peace with God, Jesus Christ is a necessity.
1. "Having made peace with God through the blood of His cross."
2. No other way has been provided for peace with God.
3. Peace is never a by-product of other religious systems.
2. The peace of God.
a. "The peace of God shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ."
b. "Peace leave with you, my peace give..."
B. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee."
1. How? Keep your mind stayed on God.
a. If your mind on yourself you desire to be recognized or you desire to have.
"From whence come the fightings & wars."
b. If your mind is on others what they are doing or wearing; robbed of peace.
2. It is not a mental state that we achieve it is God's work "Thou wilt."
a. The perfect peace is God's part.
b. Keeping my mind stayed on Him is my part.
If I do my part, I can be sure God will do His.
3. "Because he trusteth in thee."
a. Is God still on the throne?
b. He who created, can He not sustain?
III. THE INVITATION TO PEACE "TRUST IN THE LORD."
A. Put your trust in Him, He is worthy of your trust.
1. If you don't trust Him what are you going to trust?
b. Your ability?
c. The U.N.?
B. "For the Lord Jehovah is the Rock of Ages."
1. Paint another picture.